WHAT I DO & WHAT TO EXPECT OF A FIXER
What I do and what You can expect of my services.
As a film fixer I'll arrange for example interviews, location permits, transport, hotels and location scouting. Film fixers can also be referred to as “Local Fixers” who are responsible for arranging everything required for effective filming from accommodation to permits, food and more, including rent aditonal equipment and get hold of extra local crew members if needed.
Alternative references include production coordinators / local producers / Operational project managers.
What is a Film Fixer?
A smaller project, with a lower budget and lighter production footprint, is usually better off with an experienced, reliable fixer.
Fixer traits include:
• A good fixer is also a good researcher. They will add value to the shoot with strong research skills and an eye for a youre needs to tell a story.
They will have a deep understanding of the local culture and be able to marry that with the requirements of the visiting team.
• A fixer needs to be well connected to get you into and out of any situation. Shoots requiring a fixer may be in dangerous environments so a good fixer will have strong connections to both local community groups as well as government officials. They will know when it’s best to travel discretely and when it’s best to travel with a larger security outfit.
• Shoots requiring fixers are often fast moving. A good fixer will know what you can get away with and what you can’t.
• A fixer will usually charge a flat day rate or package rates for longer shoots. Unlike a service company, a fixer generally does not charge additional production service fees.
• A fixer will be able to advise on and help arrange the appropriate entry visas and film permits for visiting crews. They will be able to arrange gear importation for crews travelling with their own equipment. Or rent aditonal equipment and get hold of extra local crew members if needed.
a little bit about me
ZOLTAN KIRS, Founder,
Fixer, Operational prod. manager. Locations, Local Team's, Equipment & Management Services
I have been in the buisness for more than 25 years with post and live productions in sports, commercials, movies and tv. My duties consisted of location manger, assistant director, element producer, trailer production, program planning (television), transmission operator (Play-out),OTT operator (streaming & VOD).
English has been my ”company language” during my years at Filmnet and Canal plus (CMore).
I allways keep the dead lines and put in the work hours needed, I do have a positiv and lojal attitude towards my coworkers and clients, I work to wards the clients aims and commitments so they can achieve their goal.
Swedish - fluent
Hungarian - fluent
English - fluent
Norwegian/Danish - communicative
German - communicative
LET ME RECOMEND SOME FRIENDS
© Copyright. All Rights Reserved.
FILM, TV & PHOTO PRODUCTIONS
ZOLTAN KIRS FILM &TV MEDIA
OPERATIONAL PROJECTS MANAGER SHAPERON, DRIVER, LOCATION ASISTANCE